Stretching along the length of Hatteras Island, watched over by its signature black-and-white light, Cape Hatteras National Seashore is a beach paradise and outdoor adventurers' treasure. Wildlife viewing, watersports, hiking, and biking are some of the activities visitors can expect to enjoy--and this guide includes tips on what to do, where to eat, and where to sleep at Hatteras as well as nearby Cape Lookout National Seashore.
· Best time of year to visit
· Facilities, fees, and recreational activities
· RV sites and campgrounds
· Nearby points of interest
· Detailed maps of each area
· Travel information and natural history