Updated 2017. This inspirational and practical book features the work of contemporary artists with clear step-by-step projects for anyone to try. It takes a look at materials, from translucent glass tiles and fabulous smalti to broken ceramics and mirrored glass, and explains how to use them. All the techniques are covered in detail, and there are essential tips for using texture when designing. Photographic instructions are given for over 60 individual projects, which make it easy for anyone to make mosaics. This delightful book reveals how this enduring medium can bring style and texture to both home and garden.
• Over 60 creative projects with easy-to-follow step-bystep
• Inspirational examples of mosaics, from the faded beauty
of ancient mosaics to the work of contemporary artists.
• Ideas for inside the house and in the garden, with
shelves, tables, water fountains and sculpture.
• Mosaics made from a variety of materials, such as
smalti, opaque and translucent glass tiles, brilliant
metallics, cool marble and broken ceramics.
• Everything you need to know to create small decorative
accessories as well as large-scale projects.
Helen Baird is a fine arts graduate who makes various styles of mosaics for numerous clients including Liberty in London, as well as selling work privately. She is also a successful artist and illustrator.